Your privacy is one of our fundamental commitments here at mayabay.gr. Therefore, we take outmost care to process your personal data collected or published on this website in accordance with the principles set forth in the Greek data protection legislation, mainly Law no. 2472/97 on the protection of individuals with regard to the collection of personal data, as it was amended by the decisions of the President of the Commission for Personal Data Protection, by the Presidential Decrees nr. 207/1998 and 79/2000, as well as by the article nr. 8 of the Law nr. 2819/2000, Law nr. 2774/1999 and the European Directives nr. 95/46/EEC and 97/66/EEC.
Mayabay.gr respects your right to privacy. Any personal information which mayabay.gr collects by correspondence, telephone and email will be used solely for the purpose of providing you with the services you have requested at this Web site and to update and enhance mayabay.gr records. We maintain the information you provide to evidence that you are a subscriber and to process employment applications.
Mayabay.gr wishes to assure you that your private information will be treated as confidential and with high standards of internal security. The use of your information will be kept to the minimum required in order for mayabay.gr to provide its services.
Mayabay.gr does not sell or otherwise give away your private information to any third party unless this is required by law, you have given your consent or where the third party takes a transfer of our rights and obligations under any agreement we have with you.
Mayabay.gr pledges its intention to meet fully internationally recognised standards of personal data privacy protection and to comply with the requirements of applicable data protection/privacy laws. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
Data provided by you is retained as long as the purpose for which the data was collected continues; data is then destroyed unless its retention is required to satisfy legal or regulatory requirements or to protect mayabay.gr interests.
- The purposes for which we collect and use your personal data
- What categories of personal data we collect from you and process
- Your rights as data subjects and the manner in which you may exercise them
- To whom we may disclose your personal data
- Purposes in which we process your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer our Internet site
- We use the personal data we collect from you when you visit our Internet site, www.mayabay.gr, in order to monitor the traffic and improve the site’s content
- To provide the legal services requested from us
- We use your relevant personal data in order to prepare and provide the legal services requested from us. For instance, in preparing materials required during the course of litigation and arbitration proceedings, we may have to rely on your personal data of relevance for your case.
- To communicate with you
- We use your contact details in order to communicate with you in relation to your requests
- Legal newsletters
- We may also use your contact details in order to provide you electronically with our specialized newsletters on relevant developments at the level of legislation, case law and authorities’ practice. You can express your option of not receiving our newsletters for the future by replying “Unsubscribe” to the respective e-mail.
- Categories of personal data we collect and process
We collect and process the following categories of data for the above-mentioned purposes:
- in relation to the operation of our Internet site: the data, the URL of the accessed Internet pages, the hour and date of access and the IP address from which the page was accessed
- contact details, including name, e-mail, phone, fax, address
- other personal data as provided by the data subjects.
As a rule, your personal data shall be provided directly by you, except for the data required for the operation of our Internet site which shall be collected automatically. You are required to provide all categories of personal data we request from you in the above-mentioned purposes, as otherwise we shall not be able to provide you with our services.
Disclosure of your personal data
While as a rule we shall not disclose your personal data to any third parties, we may, if in your interest and necessary, disclose relevant personal data to courts of law and arbitration panels or relevant authorities, in the context of providing the legal services you have requested from us.
In your capacity as data subjects, the Data Protection Law provides you with a series of rights including:
- the right of access
- the right to object
- the right not to be subject to an automated individual decision
- and we are happy to ensure your exercise thereof.
You may exercise your above-mentioned rights by filing with us a written request, signed and dated, at mayabay.gr 33, Korytsas Str., 10447, Athens or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.